Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 52

Eddie Adams

I spent the Day going through and re-editing my portfolio along with writing my personal Statement for the Eddie Adams photo workshop that I am applying to. I realized that putting words to heart actions can sometimes be really tough. I thought for today I would share a little bit of my personal statement and a photo from my portfolio. Enjoy this little glimpse into my complex passion of photojournalism:)

"As a photojournalist, I’m driven by the desire to capture moments of people who can tell their stories through their eyes and express their passion in their actions. I look to document life as it exists with intent to record the legacy of others all while defining mine. The truth is that my validity as a photographer came a year and a half ago when my father passed away unexpectedly. I am reminded of the power of photography daily as I look at photographs of my dad, which now remain as the only link between him and my future. As a photographer I feel a certain responsibility to my subjects to be the best photojournalist I can be, in order to tell their story in the most effective way possible."


Restoring Innocence - Set in a small town in north Georgia just outside of Atlanta, six girls find freedom behind closed doors. Taken from abuse and placed into a restoration home, these girls are out to rediscover the innocence of their youth.

No comments: