Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Top 9 of '09

2009 is coming to an end and in retrospect, I'd have to say its been a great year.

Great and Busy

Within the last year I have found myself photographing in the entertainment world, with the media industry, for the non-profit realm, across the religious spectrum, and most recently teaching within the education system.

So here's a wrap up of the top 9 highlights in photos of 2009:


This year started off strong with a trip to DC to cover Obama's inauguration. Such an incredible experience documenting such a historic city at such a pivotal time in history.



(Andrew Grinberg of DC dances in celebration with friend Lizzy Lynch on the lawn of the Washington Monument Tuesday following the 56th inauguration of Barack Obama as the 44th president of the United States)

One of my favorite things about my job is my constant wanderlust being fueled by continual travel. From North to South to East to West, I've had the privilege of visiting all sides of the country this year.


A habit of mine while traveling for work is to always look for solace amongst personal work. Within less than 24 hours I saw the water on the west coast and then on the east. My view from a fashion shoot in San Fran to an engagement shoot in Savannah. Seeing one side to another during the course of a day has always been a desire of mine, and now, thanks to my job, I can say I've done it!


(From the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fran on the West to the Talmadge Memorial Bridge in Savannah on the East)

Of all the cities I've traveled too this year, the one I find myself wanting to visit most often is NYC. On top of being home to some of my closest friends, NYC holds fond memories of my childhood. Born a Jersey Girl, my heart feels at home in the busyness of the north.


I've had the opportunity to meet some very interesting people this year. Over the summer I photograph the 13th annual summer redneck games. I wouldn't have believed it myself had I not scene it.


Some of my favorite subjects this year have been the lovely bride and grooms that I have been honored to photograph. Especially when they're old college friends ;)


(Dan and Nancy Trifiletti)

To say it has been an interesting year in news would be an understatement. Nothing like finding the quiet moment at a "Peace in Iran" rally outside the CNN center in ATL.



Lastly, number nine, I leave you with a photo from Lobby Day with the non profit Street Grace. I had the privilege to join creative forces with some non profits this year. You can look for a lot more of this from me in the near future!!!


So Happy 2010!!! Here's to wishing for a year of creativity and inspiration led by action steps pushing forward

No comments: