Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Call Nashville 07.07.07

So on 07.07.07 75,000 people gathered in Titan Stadium in Nashville Tennessee, in hopes of Answering the Call. The Call, organized by evangelist Lou Engle, was a challenge to gather for a day of prayer and fasting on behalf of the United States and specifically its position towards abortion. With the verse Joel 2 as their motivation, people gathered in worship and prayer as many took the stage in repentance to God on behalf of the nation while pleas of forgiveness and prayers for revival to hit the nation where offered up.

begining at 7am, many gathered in Centenial park to particiapte in a 2.5 mile walk of silence and repentance leading them down Church street, over I-40 and into Titan Stadium. The symbolic walk which crossed I-40 exactly 40 years after the summer of love, represented a form of repentance before God for the destruction of the hearts of the past generation.


The walk of repentence concluded at Titan Stadium where an average 75,000 people gathered for a day of tears and prayers before God on belalf of their counntry and its shortcomings.



Participants where asked at various times to stand in representation of their people group, and to cry out for repentance on behalf of the past generations. Throughout the day many gathered alone and in groups to pray before God with hopes of seeing revival and asnwering the Call that God has for his people to humble themselves and Pray.




*Stay tuned* Soundslides and larger pictures to come once my internet begins to cooperate.

3 comments:

Celia Talbot Tobin said...

Yay, I see the one you were telling me about now. Nice seeing. I almost wish there was a foot shoved practically up against the lens somewhere, but even so, this is my favorite. You might want to consider tighter blog edits. I mean, obviously not as tight as say a website, but just cutting out some redundancies (because you never know what important people might take a look some day, and by important I mean besides all us UFies, which are obviously the most important). I would go with 1,2,6, and the last one here. much love <3

Luanne Dietz said...

Consider it Tightened... now its 1,2,4 and the last one that you like;)

Tim Hussin said...

The last two are really nice. I'd say they stand out more than the other. I think you should try to isolate the moment better in the other ones. It's nice for a paper to see how many people were there, but personally, I don't really care. I'd rather see beautiful moments, like the last couple, than a bunch of people. And if people were really that into it, I'd love to see more emotion. You've captured it in the last two, but I can imagine with 75,000 people, there would be more emotion than that. Just something to keep in mind.