Sunday, March 22, 2009

365 Day Adventure - Day 1

Today Marks day one of the next 365 days of adventure that lie ahead of me.

I am long over due for a personal project, and with today being 1 yr and 9 months since my Dad passed away, I see this as no better time than now to start seeing, feeling and experiencing life instead of just looking, touching, and passing it by.

I was challenged by my friend Brett Roegiers to join him in documenting this next year of our lives in photos.

Being freelance, there are many days where I am not shooting, and find myself holed up in my studio marketing the day away. So by encouraging myself to take one photo a day, no matter what it might be, I am encouraging myself to slow down, and experience even the little things that make my days so precious.

I don't wish tragedy on any of you, however for those of you who have experienced it, I am sure that you can relate to the fast pace track that days seem to be on. I am looking to this project as a way to put some cones up on that fast track to the future.

I know it is going to be neat to look back in 365 days and have a little extra documentation to help me remember and treasure the things that are important to me. This is where the idea came from.

So I am putting this out there for all blogger space to hold me accountable on...

My Objectives:
*To take one photo a day for an entire year / 1 video blurb every other week
*To challenge myself to see differently daily
*To work on different technical aspects along with stretching my "turning nothing into something" mentality
*To learn to appreciate the little things that make up the journey that is the 24th year of my life

I felt this photo to be more than appropriate for day 1. I am in love with Toms Shoes and today as I was walking out of my house I saw one of my first spring flowers in my back yard. Made my heart Smile. So I challenge you... "You Must Be The Change You Wish to See In The World"

4 comments:

Kendrick Brinson said...

lovely words and sentiment, lulu. i'm excited to see where this project takes you.

Ashley said...

I love this idea, and I'm really looking forward to seeing your pictures daily. <3 you.

Anwen "Wendy" Norman said...

Hi Luanne! Long time no see! I stumbled across your blog on facebook a while back, and I started following it! I love that you are doing a picture a day...I actually tried to do the same thing back in December. (http://anwendy.blogspot.com/)It turned out to be harder than I thought, but I'm also not doing photography professionally,just for fun. Now I feel like I'm lucky if I get a few days of pictures a week, and I often post more than one for the days I do go out and shoot. I'm still numbering the days, but they def haven't been consecutive. Anyways, GOOD LUCK on the journey, and I can't wait to see what you poste! Hope you don't mind me stalking your page every day! ;)

Brett said...

Oh, I guess I should start doing this, huh?