Monday, March 22, 2010

GOYA

I had the opportunity a couple weeks back to shoot on location with Zack Arias and the Used Film Crew during a Goya Challenge. Zack blogs about the experience and our approach toward the images here on his blog.

For this GOYA shoot we choose the word "FEAR" and each set out to capture our own interpretation of it. That week we had been working in an abandoned mansion,so to us the concept of fear came rather natural. It was a fun learning experience to see how people who were removed from the situation reacted to our interpretations. I elaborate on that statement further on Zack's Blog.. check it out!

Here' the image I made. While talking with my model I asked what him what he was afraid of, and he said Death. So with that in mind I let my creativity wonder and this is where it took me. The image is shot with all natural light.


This last one's for fun. While we were shooting for fear, I found this awesome patch of light in the solarium and couldn't pass it up. So I made a few frames with intent to capture the shadow.... Enjoy

No comments: