Thursday, May 17, 2007

Batts and Balls

So this week at home before I head to Atlanta has been filled with inspiration to go shoot. Thanks to my friends at the Sarasota Herald, I have gotten the chance to do just that. Yesterday I went with Chip to Ed Smith Stadium to shoot the class 2A Florida high school baseball semi-finals.

With only a 200mm lens on me, I set up camp just to the right of home plate. I was perfectly set up for a sweet slide to home with dust flying and a collision including someone jumping in the air at the end. BUT, the boys playing had different plans in mind. The game was a blow out 11-5 with Montverde Academy taking the win over Jay High School. There were no slides into home, and even a few slow walks from third. Thanks Boys...


Overall, The game was a great challenge to see what I could capture from a little further away with a different angle than usual. This is what I got...






No comments: