Saturday, August 30, 2008

Nostalgic

I’m sitting here at Taco Mac in Atlanta with a Sweetwater Blue in my hand and the Gator game on television reminiscing about what once was. Today marks the first day of the 2008 College Football Season, and my first, first day of the season, in 3 years that I am not on a college football field photographing the game.

It’s amazing for me to look back over the last year and see A. how far I’ve come, and B. how much life changes.

This time last year I was in Athens getting ready for the Georgia Bulldogs to take on the Oklahoma State Cowboys. I was working as a staff photographer at a newspaper and living in a suburb of Atlanta. Now, a year later I have gone total freelance, am working with a motion picture company shooting stills on movie sets, and am about to move into a house in East Atlanta with a photography studio attached to it. I am so thankful.


Photo by the lovely and talented Kendrick Brinson.

4 comments:

m said...

... at the lovely and fabulous GeekFest!!!! :)

and oh, btw, you're a traitor for shooting the bulldogs.

Three Fold Cord said...

Doesn't look like the birth photos are going to work out. I wanted you to...I am sorry!

Jeremiah Wilson said...

looking good kid ... sweet green, im jealous (get It)

Three Fold Cord said...

He is here!!Thursday night he arrived and we are home now recovering.