Sunday, September 14, 2008

FCP

I've been spending a lot of time lately with Final Cut Pro, and I am here to admit I think I'm falling in love. My latest adventure with FCP, as I like to call it, has been editing behind the scenes footage from "Awake O Sleeper" that I shot while on set with the Whitestone Crew. I am so thankful for opportunities to mesh my still photography with video, and enjoy the multimedia masterpiece that it creates.

As a still photographer, I have always valued the power of an image. The reason I began photography years ago is because I was completely captivated by the ability an image has to bring emotion to a society, and help elicit change. Now, as I begin to dive into the world of motion picture, I am beginning to see the power of that same still image, just at 100 frames per second.

For now its Back to Work.. Stay Tuned...



*Yes that 3:55am time stamp is right.. What can I say, I tend to find the most inspiration in the middle of the night, when all the cares of the world seem to be asleep and its just me, making art.

No comments: