Friday, January 23, 2009

DC Day One - Calm before the Storm

About 5 minutes following my arrival in D.C. it was brought to my attention, by my sniffling nose and dry eyes, that I had officially gotten sick. As many of you know I have been traveling now since November. I've been going from freezing cold one week to sunshine the next. Grant it, my complexion is thankful for the tan I have in January, however my body temperature is screaming for stability.

So now, I am safe and sound back in the ATL where I should stay for about 3 weeks before setting off on my next planned adventure. But knowing me, those plans are all subject to change and I could be gone again tomorrow. Wahoo! The joys of freelance;)

So in playing catch-up, enjoy the calm before the storm....





My first night in DC I had the privilege to meet up with one of my good friends from my study abroad trip to Barcelona 3 years ago. It was such a blast to go out with her in her city. Here is just one photo of what was the debacle of Georgetown the weekend of the Inauguration.

1 comment:

Tom McCarthy Jr. said...

I like the feel of this post. It has some cool graphic aspects to it that make it feel very urban to me. I'm not really sure what that means though.