Thursday, September 17, 2009

Geekfest 2009

I spent this past weekend completely saturated in and around amazing talent and incredible inspiration in St. Pete Florida for the annual APAD Geekfest!!!

As a freelance photographer there are many times in the daily grind of my industry where I can get disillusioned and dismayed by the state of our current times. I am so thankful for this gathering annually that works as a reminder, a swift kick in the arse if you will, to pick myself up and keep feeling through photography. I was reminded by every speaker that spoke, and there were some AMAZING ones!, that the most important images, the ones that help build you as a person outside of just a photographer, are the images with heart in and behind them.

Since my dad died two years ago I have felt that I am just coasting through the daily job. Shooting what I know, and not questioning where my ambitions went. It feels as if there is a thick layer of crud between my heart and my head, a layer that on most days seems to strong to break through.

This weekend helped pry open my eyes to the light that I always knew existed. The light that shines from photography that tells the hearts story while moving people to action. I'm so excited for what sits so close on the horizon.. As soon as I can share I will! EYE Of THE STORM ;)

This weekend was...

Great Friends...


Late Nights..


Florida Games...


Newspaper Studios...


And not a lot of sleep... ;)

No comments: