Monday, November 5, 2007

Accident Sugarloaf

Sunday night was rather chilly here in ATL, and I had the sudden urge to go pick up some starter logs for my fireplace/chimney thing I have on my porch. So, I headed out for the .2 minute ride to Publix where I discovered a little more than I expected. As I was pulling into the parking lot I saw that the road, Sugarloaf Parkway at Old Norcross, was shut down and that there were many fire trucks and ambulances around. Being the good photojournalist that I am, I grabbed my camera out of my trunk and went exploring. I walked up tot he scene to find that four cars were involved and at the time we knew that one person had died and one was critically injured. I talked to witnesses who saw that accident happen and then to the police who said they were investigating whether street racing was involved. Needless to say that accident scene was horrible and there were crushed cars all over the highway. Nothing like a little spot news for the portfolio on your day off;)

Illuminated blue by police lights, Investigator Bozeman (left) and Sgt. Higginbotham examine the scene of Sunday nights crash that left one 16-year-old boy dead and closed down Sugarloaf Parkway for several hours said police.


Under the white sheet lies the body of a 16-year-old who was shoved through the car and killed during the accident Sunday night. Police are investigating the possibility of street racing as the cause for the accident.

No comments: