Thursday, November 22, 2007

GFL 6 and 7 year old Football

Last Saturday morning I experienced my first taste of winter when at 7:30am I left my apartment to be faced with drained camera batteries, because I left them in my car in the cold over night, and ice on my windows that sent me on my way 15 minutes later than I would have liked. Not gunna lie, Florida girl panicked a little when the ice didn't disappear instantly, but i kept it together and sat in my car with gloves and a jacket on until it defrosted.

After my ice experience, I was clear on my way to photograph 6 and 7 year olds playing football. So precious. I arrived at the stadium to find ice on the field and mothers way over zealous about their child's ability to tackle another 6-year-old to the ground. Enjoy.

Shiloh 7-year-old Christian Kelly (71) followed by teammate Darius Morgan (56) arrive at the field Saturday before their team takes on the Dacula 7-year-olds in the Gwinnett Football League county finals.



6-year-old South Dacula running back Ulysses "Jack" Jackson runs through North Dacula 6-year-olds Joseph Sosa, left, and Isaac Townsend, 20, during the third quarter of Saturdays championship game.


6-year-old tackle


6-year-old Half time snack;)


As the morning light creeps up over the stadium, Dacula South 6-year-old league head coach Mike Grove peps up his offensive line in between plays during the third quarter of their game against Dacula North.


Dacula South 6-year-old league coach Bryan Grove tosses player Cameron Grove (23) into the air as the third quarter comes to an end on Saturday during their county final game.


6-year-old cheerleader for Dacula north Lilly DeLoach, left, celebrates with teammate Jada Milis after the Falcons scored a touchdown in the first quarter of Saturday's championship game.


7- year-old Charlie Nabers gets ready to take the field for Dacula North during the second half of the the Gwinnett Football League county finals.


THE END

4 comments:

Jeremiah Wilson said...

you got some great moments - me like

andreita said...

the one you posted on apad is very niiiiiice. the angle gives emphasis on this oversized equipment on an adorable little kid.

Tom McCarthy Jr. said...

great job. I like that first photo (prolly mostly because of chubby #58). You got a good variety. Makes me wish I had a 6-year-old game to shoot, too.

Unknown said...

is this team in NY and do they have teams for 9-15 yr olds??
thanks