Sunday, October 14, 2007

B-17 Flight

The B-17 "Aluminum Overcast" came through Gwinnett County on Thursday and I got the assignment to shoot it. Now, as many of you know my mom's a pilot and my dad was one as well. I grew up flying with my parents and always having airplanes around me, so anytime I have the opportunity to get back in the air I jump at it. Thursday's assignment turned out cooler than I expected. I went with an intention to produce a sound slide (which I did, YAY), but I did not go in thinking I would get to meet a World War II veteran who was a B-17 pilot. So quickly I redirected my focus to him being on flight with me as opposed to just the plane coming to town. So, meet Jerry Sheffer. This was his first time back in a B-17 since the war, and he said that it will most likely be his last. Check out my SOUNDSLIDE

2 comments:

Tim Hussin said...

Wow, that sounds like an amazing experience. It's cool that you met the veteran too-what luck. I dig the soundslides, but I puked a couple times when I saw the very last slide...with the words...

Luanne Dietz said...

HAHA I thought of you guys when I was making it;) glad you enjoyed it!