Sunday, July 12, 2009

Georgia "Mud" on my Mind

I spent Saturday in East Dublin, GA. photographing the 13th annual Redneck Games. Originally created in 1996 as a joking rebuttal to a comment made in regards to rednecks hosting the official summer Olympic Games, which were being held in Atlanta that year, the Redneck Games were born. A highlight at the games each year is centered around a mud pit belly flop competition. Enjoy the essay "Georgia "Mud" on my Mind"









And Just For Fun!! (I was not a happy person in the picture..lol..Following this photo of course I sucked it up and headed back to the pit for some more photos!) Photo by: Mackenzie Reiland


(the Mud color keeps getting warped when I upload..I promise its all the same color!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to ask if you joined in... Looks like you did. Hope your equipment survived the mud. Amazing shots as usual.

Luanne Dietz said...

Ha.. I did not join in by choice.. what you see is "splatter" from the belly flop competition.. I had to spend some quality time with my gear and some baby wipes that night! BUT, the camera has pulled out just fine;)

Unknown said...

The red clay is gorgeous!! It allows people to look more like a statue. Anyway thats cool!

Gary said...

Wonderful images! Awesomeness to the max!

Tom McCarthy Jr. said...

Some great stuff from this Lu. It looks like a fun shoot. The color looks pretty uniform to me, so no worries.